Personal Injury Attorney, Macomb Law Group, Metro Detroit, Michigan
Personal injury attorney James L. Spagnuolo, Jr., has spent his entire legal career working for people suffering from auto accidents and other forms of negligence. Jim began working in personal injury law over 17 years ago, starting as a law clerk during his first year of law school at Wayne State University School of Law in Detroit, Michigan. After passing the Michigan State Bar in 2002, he went on to become partner at a series of law firms before opening the Macomb Law Group in 2017.
James has a passion for helping injured motorists. His main focus is on automobile cases – both auto insurance claims against insurance companies for refusing to pay what they owe, and Third Party motor vehicle accident lawsuits against at-fault drivers. He also has extensive experience handling product defects cases, wrongful death actions, and other forms of personal injury claims.
Jim has a special interest in pursuing bad faith and institutional fraud claims against insurance companies on a national level. His goal is to hold auto insurers responsible for their fraudulent business practices, wrongfully denying the valid claims of their customers to increase their own profits. He believes that when people have paid their insurance premiums they deserve to receive benefits when accidents happen, without having to jump through unnecessary hoops.
Jim Spagnuolo is a proud veteran of the United States Marine Corps, receiving an Honorable Discharge, and a life-time member of the Disabled American Veterans. He also serves as a board member for the Chippewa Valley Education Foundation, a non-profit that raises money to help further education in the Chippewa Valley School District in Macomb County, Michigan. He lives in Macomb Township with his wife and children. In his free time, he enjoys golfing and boating with his family.
Jim Spagnuolo, Personal Injury Attorney
Bar & Legal Organization Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Italian American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Michigan Association for Justice – Sustaining Member
- Brain Injury Association of Michigan
- Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity
- Wayne State University School of Law (Juris Doctor)
- Michigan State University (Bachelor of Arts in Communication)
- Lopatin, Miller, Freedman, Bluestone, Herskovic & Domol, Law Clerk (2000-2002)
- Freedman & Herskovic, Associate Attorney (2002-2009)
- Freedman, Herskovic & Spagnuolo, Partner (2009-2014)
- Bone, Bourbeau, Lizza & Spagnuolo, PLLC, Partner (2014-2017)
- Macomb Law Group, Founder (2017-present)
Volunteer & Service Work
- United States Marine Corps, Honorable Discharge
- Disabled American Veterans
- Families Exploring Down Syndrome
- ARC Services of Macomb
- Chippewa Valley Educational Foundation